Thursday 13 April 2017

Reese: Why do we still have battery hen farms?

Imagine you stuck in a cage all squashed up laying 30 million of eggs per year. Because they spend the rest of their lives crowded in a space about the size of a file drawer with four other hens unable to lift a single wing.

Battery cages housing system used for various animal production methods. It is hard to ears the image of tragic looking battery that I found myself holding to have the battery cage banned.

At just a few days old, a large portion of each hens beak is cut of with a burning hot blade, and no painkillers used. Many birds, unable to eat because of the pain,die from dehydration and weakened immune systems.

Why should we have chickens locked up in a cage trying to lay eggs. Because they are tired and they never get a break. So I think that we need to leave them alone.

After two years in these conditions,the hens bodies are exhausted, and their egg production drops and they are tossed into trash bags while they are still alive.

And that's why I don't think we should have battery hen farms anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Term 2, 2016. I'm looking forward to THIS year's speech, Reese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Reese battery hen farms should be banned.I like how you used a lot of facts even I don't know,even though I live on a chicken farm.

    ReplyDelete